- Technical translator with solid practical and theoretical background, spending six years’ experience as a technical translator in a nuclear engineering company, followed by many years as a freelance translator and interpreter, mainly in plastics engineering.
- 30 years of translation research and teaching at the university level.
The developer of the first multi-media term bank (CATS).
- Terminographer; first computer-generated dictionary in 1978, first PC-based dictionary in 1985; since then, author/editor of several bilingual sci-tech dictionaries.
- “Dean of Studies” of the UL (Universiät Leipzig) Philologische Fakultät, six years experience in implementing the “Bologna Process”.
- Auditor of accreditation agencies (AQAS, ACQUIN)
Member of the first EMT Expert Group of the EU Commission.
Many years of experience chairing the standardization committee DIN NAT1.
- Founding member of Transform (www.transforum.de), sound knowledge of the T&I scene in Germany.
- CIUTI Vice President (http://ciuti.org), good knowledge of the international T&I training and research scene.
He has many researches and dictionaries, for example, Lexikon der Katalysatortechnik. Abgasreinigung in Kraftfahrzeugen. Deutsch-Englisch, Englisch-Deutsch. Brandstetter, Wiesbaden 1986; PONS Fachwörterbuch der Kfz-Technik. Englisch-Deutsch, Deutsch-Englisch. Klett, Stuttgart 1992